Proofreading is a skill ANYONE can learn. Join us to make sure your documents and emails are error free with no embarrassing mistakes. You will learn – and even practice – the following proofreading practices. You will learn:
- First, why any message bearing with your organization’s name must be flawless
- How to use the “Newspaper Proof”: a fail-safe three-step approaching to proofreading
- How to build your “Proofreader’s Power Pack” with indispensable tools and resources
- How to proofread for quality under tight deadlines
- How to proofread in distracting office environments
If you’re tired of reading over the same document four or five times – and still finding something to change – get ready to laugh and learn with Mandi as she shares her own proofreading horror stories and admonishes everyone to throw away your red pens!
With more than 21 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with leaders who want to boost their professional image by becoming better speakers and writers. Some of her repeat clients include: Campbell’s Soup, United States Air Force, McDonald’s US, Nuclear Energy Institute, The Rockefeller University, Kimberly Clark’s World Headquarters, and the National Football League (that’s right – the NFL). In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than nine percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation. She concentrates in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association for five years. Mandi is an award-winning business author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters.